Sooooooo, where are they moving us???? They are moving us to the building with the substance abuse folks. Not sure how far away it is....but, it surely isn't around the corner. I mentioned in an earlier rant that we are inputless. Even though we are the ones out doing the work no one ever asks us anything! Should they? Well, even if they don't care what we think it would be nice if they at least pretended sometimes. Even though we're a social-work kinda agency sometimes I wonder about it all. And, I'll mention the GE Light Bulb experiment again. Oh, well. Where was I?
Now, who made the decision for this move? I of course am clueless...and besides I'm sure it's none of my business even though I've worked for this agency for eleven years!
OK. Let's list the reasons to move or not move:
Not to move......
(1) The police station and magistrate are one block away. Let's see, why is that valuable? OK, the obvious. It's not unusual for the officers with someone to evaluate to go to the station and request a screening. Hey, we're one block away.
(2) Often times there may be a reason for us to come back to the office while working on a case. In those times the officers again go to the station and wait for us. Yes, still one block away.
(3) Sometimes it's quicker to do all the paperwork in the office and then go one block to go before the magistrate.
(4) If we're calling around for hospitals it's easier to be in the office with your coworker helping...and, yes, then we're a block away from the police station and magistrate.
(5) Though it doesn't happen daily, we often times go to our lobby to screen people or to try to calm things down if one of our clients get upset.
(6) Case mangers come down to our office on a regular basis to discuss their clients. Often times they fill out a crisis form in case their client comes up. This way we have information on them. (Yes, I know, they could FAX it.)
(7) The psychiatrists are in our building. Yes, they occasionally come to our office to discuss one of their patients.
(8) Our office is closer to one of the hospitals that we visit on a regular basis.
(9) None of us want to move! (No, I am not naive enough to think this matters.)
(10) We like our cleaning lady who cleans in the evenings.
(11) There are a few others that I could mention, but I won't........ (Not that I think anyone will read this.)
(12) We may be further away from our favorite Chinese restaurant. If we are no longer able to go there, their income is going to go down and they will be financially harmed. They are nice people and we don't want that.
Reason(s) to move....
(1) We'll get to work in the same building with Ruth C.
(2) We'll be closer to one of the fast-food fish places (see twelve above).
So, in summary, how does it all look? Well, as I often mention....I'm sure I don't have the big picture (does anyone?). That said, it would seem that when we move (they surely won't change their minds) all of us will be less efficient and, we will be putting our friends at the Chinese restaurant in financial peril.
OK. You guys in the know? Why are we moving?
Remember: Hell is the absence of logic!